Adenocarcinoma of the prostate
One of the most dangerous diseases for men is prostate cancer. Science knows several types of it, each of which has individual characteristics. Most often, patients have adenocarcinoma - a malignant tumor characteristic of older men.
Risk factors for this type of cancer are:
- violation of the general hormonal background;
- various kinds of infections;
- work in production with hazardous, toxic substances;
- diseases preceding adenocarcinoma.
Symptoms are quite noticeable, so that there is a reason to visit a doctor and undergo a diagnosis. In particular, the patient may feel frequent urge to use the toilet, pain when urinating, lack of ejaculation, male health problems, as well as general weakness, nausea.
Types of prostate adenocarcinoma
Adenocarcenoma can manifest itself in different forms. There are 4 main types: acinar, moderately differentiated, poorly differentiated and highly differentiated.
Acinar carcinoma of the prostate (prostate gland) arises from the degeneration of the acini, from which it takes its name. It is of two types:
- Small acinar adenocarcinoma of the prostate gland. This is the most common type, diagnosed in 90% of patients. In this case, the prostate becomes a site for the development of numerous small tumors, which then combine into one.
- Large acinar. The most complex form, difficult to treat, as it is characterized by a special malignancy.
Treatment of acinar adenocarcinoma of the prostate should be carried out immediately after diagnosis, since the prognosis in advanced stages sounds disappointing.
Moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma of the prostate is a formation that develops at a slow pace and only with time gains a malignant form. Treatment of this type of carcinoma is usually beneficial. Highly differentiated also grows slowly. If a neoplasm is diagnosed in time, a dangerous disease can be stopped by the operation.
The most dangerous form is poorly differentiated prostate carcinoma that does not respond to treatment. The tumor develops with lightning speed, spreading metastases to surrounding organs. The mortality rate in such cases is almost 100%.
There is another classification that divides adenocarcinoma of the prostate into degrees, namely:
- Grade 1 - the initial, when the tumor has not yet made itself felt know, develops on one lobe of the gland;
- Grade 2 - the neoplasm also affected the second lobe, visible on ultrasound;
- Grade 3 - strong tumor growth;
- 4 degree - the most severe, when metastases spread to neighboring organs (muscle tissue, testicles, etc.).
Depending on the form of the disease and its severity, the doctor decides how the treatment will be carried out. A typical method is surgical intervention, and such methods of treatment as hormonal, chemotherapy or cryotherapy, ablation can also be applied. Good results in prostate adenocarcinoma are demonstrated by radiation therapy, which is used, as a rule, in combination with surgery (before and after).
Where to treat?
Today, in the direction of cancer treatment, clinics in Israel are recognized as one of the best, equipped with state-of-the-art technology that allows various manipulations to be carried out with high precision. The staff should be given their due, as Israeli doctors are highly qualified specialists, the names of many of whom are known all over the world.
BK MEDICAL will help you choose the best clinic in Israel, where they will provide a full range of services for the treatment of prostate adenocarcinoma. LOGISTIC is a center actively involved in the care of cancer patients. Here you can get a lot of services, ranging from initial consultation, choosing a clinic, and ending with rehabilitation, returning to your native walls. You can contact us through the official website medlogist.com, where you will also find more detailed information about our activities and contact details.