Ovarian adenocarcinoma is a malignant formation that progresses at a high rate, spreading metastases. Only timely diagnosis and treatment can stop the process and increase the chances of a full recovery. But the danger lies in the fact that the disease in the early stages is asymptomatic, and signs such as discomfort during intercourse, an increase in the volume of the abdomen, pain, etc. are observed, as a rule, already at 3 or 4 stages, so it is very important for women to undergo regular preventive examinations.
The exact reasons for the appearance of ovarian tumors have not yet been established, but scientists have identified a number of factors, which can trigger the development of cancer, namely:
- prolonged use of oral contraceptives;
- prolonged hormone therapy;
- tubal ligation;
- late menopause.
Hereditary predisposition may also be the cause. If a woman has relatives with cancer in her family, the likelihood of getting sick increases.
What are the types and stages?
Ovarian adenocarcinoma is a complex cancer, the treatment of which requires determining the exact type of tumor, the stage of its development. Graduation is carried out according to different criteria. Depending on the degree of malignancy, distinguish between poorly differentiated, moderately differentiated and highly differentiated ovarian adenocarcinoma, and the first (poorly differentiated) is considered the most dangerous. There is also an undifferentiated form, referred to by doctors as "fulminant cancer", which is practically not treatable.
Ovarian cancers are also distinguished by histological type. There are such types of ovarian adenocarcinoma as:
- clear cell - has the highest degree of malignancy, but is also rare;
- endometrioid - responds well to treatment, has good prognosis;
- serous - actively metastasizes, affects both ovaries at once, a variety - papillary carcinoma in the form of a capsule with serous contents;
- mucinous - the tumor grows to enormous sizes, literally growing into adjacent organs;
- mixed - includes several types at once, the prognosis for recovery is unfavorable;
- embryonic - ovarian carcinoma, characterized by special malignancy, often occurs as a result of hormonal disorders;
- cystadenocarcinoma is a neoplasm, formed against the background of a benign cystic tumor, in the early stages it responds well to treatment.
There are 4 main stages of tumor development:
- Stage 1 ovarian adenocarcinoma - the neoplasm does not go beyond the ovaries;
- Stage 2 - the tumor spreads within the small pelvis;
- Stage 3 - abdominal organs are affected;
- Stage 4 - cancer extends beyond the peritoneum, metastases may appear in the lungs and other organs.
Due to late-onset symptoms, the disease is more often diagnosed already in the late stages, therefore, treatment becomes much more complicated.
Treatment ovarian adenocarcinomas
Oncological diseases require urgent and especially careful measures for diagnosis and treatment, therefore it is necessary to carefully approach the issue of choosing a clinic. Today, the leader in the field of cancer treatment is Israeli medicine, the advantages of which are:
- prompt, accurate diagnosis using modern techniques;
- effective treatment using the latest high-tech equipment;
- individual selection of a comprehensive program;
- Israeli doctors are qualified specialists in the field of oncology of the international level;
- an unprecedented level of comfort;
- undergoing rehabilitation under supervision of medical staff.
The BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC center will help you choose a clinic in Israel, which has extensive experience in accompanying cancer patients at all stages of treatment. We will select for you the best option for the clinic, take care of the paperwork, provide all the necessary services at the stages of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, until a positive result is obtained.
Don't waste precious time - you can find our contacts on medlogist.com, here you can also find out in detail all the information you are interested in in order to start treatment immediately.