Adenocarcinoma of the intestine
Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of malignant neoplasm that develops in the cells of the glandular tissue that covers the mucous membranes in the human body, including the intestines. Adenocarcinoma can appear in any part of the intestine - 12 duodenum, sigmoid, transverse colon, cecum, colon and rectum.
This disease can be divided according to certain criteria:
- highly differentiated carcinoma (G1) is the least dangerous disease that usually does not metastasize and has a favorable prognosis for cure;
- moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma (G2) - more aggressive, its cells spread faster;
- poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma (G3) is the most dangerous form of the disease, since tumor cells grow very quickly and spread to other tissues.
- tubular adenocarcinoma of the colon is a tumor of cells of cubic and columnar epithelium, it is characterized by an asymptomatic course. due to which the tumor is detected in the late stages;
- mucinous adenocarcinoma of the intestine - a tumor of the colon, consisting of epithelial cells that produce mucus, such a neoplasm is characterized by the early appearance of metastases and re-development;
- dark cell adenocarcinoma of the intestine - affects the organs of the abdominal cavity, rectum, is not often diagnosed.
Specific symptoms of the disease are:
- upset stool;
- recurrent abdominal pain;
- the appearance of impurities of mucus and blood in the stool.
General symptoms are also present, such as severe weakness, increased fatigue, loss weight, fever, decrease in hemoglobin levels.
When ailments appear, it is important to diagnose on time and correctly and start treatment in a timely manner.
Israeli clinics carry out high-quality diagnostics, which significantly increases the chances of recovery, BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC can provide assistance when contacting Israeli specialists.
Diagnosis of intestinal adenocarcinoma
Carcinoma colon and small intestine, rectum, sigmoid or cecum has similar symptoms and approximately the same prognosis. The causes of malignant neoplasms of varying severity can be heredity, malnutrition, somatic diseases and environmental influences.
To diagnose the disease, use:
- external examination;
- laboratory tests;
- ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs;
- computed tomography;
- endoscopic examinations.
Diagnostics and treatment carcinomas can be carried out in Israel, the best clinics of which specializing in the treatment of cancer are ready to accept patients from all over the world.
Treatment of adenocarcinoma
For the treatment of intestinal adenocarcinoma at different stages, various methods are used, the choice of which depends on the location of the tumor, its size, the presence of metastases and other features.
- At the first stage, the tumor is removed, most often with the help of an endoscope, without resorting to abdominal surgery. The prognosis for a cure is favorable for 99% of patients.
- If the first stage is almost asymptomatic, then at the 2nd stage of intestinal adenocarcinoma, the formation grows, leads to a narrowing of the intestinal lumen and can affect the lymph nodes. In this case, during surgery, part of the affected intestine and affected lymph nodes are removed, chemotherapy or radiation is prescribed.
- At stage 3, the process can spread to other organs, during the operation, the affected tissues are removed, after which several courses of chemotherapy are prescribed and irradiation. More than 65% of patients have a chance of a successful cure.
- Adenocarcinoma of the sigmoid or rectum, as well as other parts of the intestine, stage 4 sometimes requires preliminary chemotherapy to shrink the tumor, after which an operation is performed to remove the affected tissue; about 50% of patients have positive prognosis, provided that intensive treatment is carried out. After surgery for intestinal adenocarcinoma, chemotherapy is also prescribed, cryosurgery may be used to combat metastases.
Highly differentiated (G1), moderately differentiated (G3) and poorly differentiated (G2) adenocarcinoma of the large and small intestine, in including rectum, duodenal ulcer, blind colon, sigmoid colon - not a sentence, properly selected treatment, experienced surgeons and other specialists will help to cope with the disease; the prognosis can be favorable at any stage - 2, 3 and even 4.
Treatment in Israel with the use of high-tech equipment and the involvement of highly qualified oncologists increases the chances of success. The cost of treatment in Israeli clinics is not much higher than in private clinics in Ukraine. You can clarify your questions regarding treatment in Israel and get professional help by contacting the staff of BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC.