Cancer of the lacrimal gland
Cancer of the lacrimal gland is a malignant tumor that develops in the epithelium of the gland. It is characterized by a tendency to metastasis, the disease is considered one of the most dangerous, although it is quite rare compared to other malignant neoplasms. The risk group mostly includes women over 50 years old.
Despite the complexity of the process and often not the best forecasts, doctors in Israeli clinics have a large arsenal of developed methods to combat cancer of the lacrimal gland. For this reason, many patients from other countries tend to get into Israeli medical institutions. In addition, a big plus is the loyal cost of the services provided, which is several times lower than the prices in clinics in other countries.
What diagnostic procedures does the patient have to undergo?
The basis for the diagnosis of lacrimal gland cancer is histological studies, which are prescribed for any clinical picture. Also, the doctor prescribes additional procedures that the patient undergoes within 2-3 days:
- X-ray, which allows you to accurately determine the focus of the disease, shape and size;
- CT, ultrasound;
- blood tests
- radio scintigram;
systems, additionally prescribe procedures for its examination. Many Israeli clinics offer an online preliminary consultation service - based on the diagnostic procedures previously performed at the patient's home country, the doctor can make a presumptive diagnosis of lacrimal gland cancer, explain to the patient the approximate procedure for upcoming diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, so that he can navigate what the total cost of treatment and services will be in Israeli clinic. In more detail, the prices will be announced after the exact diagnosis and appointment of a treatment plan.
Methods for the treatment of lacrimal gland cancer
Due to the rapid metastasis of lacrimal gland cancer, therapeutic measures can be quite lengthy. Basically, several basic techniques are involved:
- surgical intervention, during which the neoplasm and adjacent metastatic areas are eliminated;
- radiation therapy is necessary for effective rehabilitation to maximize destroy cancer cells;
- chemotherapy - the use of innovative drugs (administered intravenously or orally) that improve the quality of treatment;
- radiation therapy for lacrimal gland cancer - used after surgery;
- radiosurgery "gamma knife" - is used if metastases have affected the orbital part of the eye. In this case, the tumor is removed by irradiation with a special device - an ultra-precise linear accelerator;
- hormone therapy - is used in combination with other methods of combating the disease.
The cost of therapeutic procedures directed for the treatment of cancer of the lacrimal gland, depends on the chosen method, the type and number of procedures required. The service also includes the price of the patient's stay in the clinic. It is worth noting that Israeli clinics offer the most modern comfortable conditions to provide the patient with a favorable physical and psychological condition.
One of the important advantages of treating lacrimal gland cancer is its affordable cost in Israel. The prices of the procedures performed here are almost a third lower than in many other countries (Germany, USA, Canada), where similar therapy is prescribed.