Cancer of the jaw
A tumor of the jaw is a neoplasm formed from epithelial tissue. Oncology of the maxillofacial region can appear as a malignant or benign tumor on both the lower and upper jaw.
Cancer of the lower jaw, diagnosed and treated with radiation therapy only in Israeli clinics, is a rare type of oncology (occurs in about 2% of cases). It is equally common in men and women, mainly over the age of 45 (it is possible that this type of cancer will appear in children as well).
Varieties and symptoms of jaw tumors
There are various types of oncological diseases of the maxillofacial area. In general, they are divided into primary (single tumors that develop independently) and secondary (damage to the jaws with metastases in cancer of adjacent organs).
Benign neoplasms are divided into:
- ameloblastomas affecting mucous membrane in the lower jaw in patients under 35 years old;
- odontomas occurring in children under 15 years of age and can develop into a diastema;
- osteomas in the lower jaw (cancer treatment is required to repair its mobility and functioning);
- hemangiomas (quite common in the mouth, rarely in the jaw area).
Malignant tumors can be divided into:
- carcinomas (require compulsory treatment of cancer of the upper jaw, since they actively spread to the nose and orbits);.
- osteosarcomas (develop from above and below, require surgical treatment of jaw cancer in Israel, since they are extremely fast growth and formation of metastases even to distant organs).
Cancer symptoms h spines depend on where the neoplasm originated. The main signs include the following:
- nasal congestion of a persistent nature, difficulty breathing;
- the appearance of mucus with blood;
- severe migraines that are not eliminated by painkillers;
- numbness in the eye area;
- loose teeth;
- unreasonable lacrimation;
- complicated facial expressions;
- stench from the mouth;
- sudden weight loss and loss of appetite;
- the appearance of bleeding ulcers.
If the tumor occurs on the mucous membrane, it is visible externally, because it causes distortion and asymmetry of the face.
Stages and causes of jaw tumor development
Israeli doctors (in this country, the price and quality of jaw cancer treatment are superior to competitors ) there are four stages of this disease:
- stage 1 jaw cancer - only 1 part of the jaw is affected, there are no bone anomalies and metastases;
- stage 2 jaw cancer - both organs are affected, metastasis appears, radiation therapy is required for jaw cancer;
- jaw cancer 3 stages - the tumor touches neighboring organs, 2 or more metastases appear;
- cancer of the lower jaw, stage 4 - metastases begin to connect tissues.
The main reasons for the appearance of this oncology include smoking for many years, chronic inflammation, mucosal damage, poor diet, exposure to carcinogens.
Treatment of jaw cancer
Cancer of the upper jaw is treated with combination therapy. Usually, radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy are used. The specific treatment is prescribed individually, depending on the patient's condition.