How and where to treat lung cancer
The lung is a respiratory organ that provides oxygen to human tissues and organs. It consists of lobes (in the right lung there are 3 lobes, and in the left lung - 2). Lung cancer - the so-called malignant tumors that develop from the cells of the inner surface of the lungs, as well as the bronchi. A lung tumor usually spreads to other organs, not limited to the site of origin.
Causes of occurrence
Every year 5 million people die from this disease. It is also called bronchogenic adenocarcinoma or bronchocarcinoma. Despite the fact that the exact causes of the occurrence have not been established, Israeli doctors attribute the following to the factors contributing to the development of bronchial carcinoma:
- exposure to asbestos, carcinogens and radon;
- certain types of viruses;
- high concentration of dust in the air;
- heredity (genetic predisposition);
- chest injuries;
Also, the formation of bronchogenic carcinoma is influenced by the violation of the body's immunity. It is often observed in workers in hazardous industries.
Symptoms of adenocarcinoma
Quite often, the development of lung cancer is asymptomatic. Only generalized symptoms can be distinguished, such as weakness, hyperthermia, chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing up blood, frequent inflammation of the lungs.
Varieties of lung cancer
Leading Israeli doctors identify many types of lung cancer ... The following classification is considered generally accepted. Squamous cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. It, in turn, is subdivided into:
- highly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the lungs;
- moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma of the lungs;
- poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the lungs (with it the easiest treatment and a favorable prognosis).
Small cell carcinoma or small cell adenocarcinoma of the lungs. Here, Israeli doctors distinguish oat cell, spindle cell and pleomorphic cancer.
Large cell (non-small cell) cancer or large cell adenocarcinoma of the lungs. It can be giant cell and clear cell.
In addition, there are mixed types of cancer.
Practicing Israeli clinics subdivide adenocarcinoma of the lung (both right and left) into the following types:
- mucinous or colloid adenocarcinoma of the lungs;
- neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lungs;
- acinar adenocarcinoma of the lungs;
- atypical lung carcinoid;
- carcinoid tumor of the lung;
- sarcomatoid carcinoma of the lung;
- carcinoid or carcinoma of the bronchus.
- adenocarcinoma of mixed subtypes.
This classification is rather arbitrary, since there are still many different subtypes of lung cancer. For each of them, it is required to select individual treatment, which can be provided by the leading clinics in Israel, which are famous for their qualified doctors and state-of-the-art equipment.
Stages of lung cancer
There is a generally accepted classification of lung tumors. According to it, there are 4 main stages and a zero.
- Zero stage of adenocarcinoma of the lungs - there is only a microscopic formation, which is found mainly by chance with CT (computed tomography), it is easily treated.
- Stage 1 adenocarcinoma of the lungs - a tumor up to 3 centimeters without metastases.
- Stage 2 of adenocarcinoma of the lungs is diagnosed when the tumor has grown to 6 centimeters, and there are metastases.
- Stage 3 adenocarcinoma of the lungs - a tumor that has affected the adjacent segments of the bronchus and lung, as well as lymph nodes.
- Stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the lungs - the cancer has spread to the second lung, esophagus, heart and other parts of the body. Stage 4 lung carcinoma is diagnosed when adenocarcinoma metastases to distant organs.
Treatment is prescribed from the stage identified. The earlier cancer is diagnosed, the more effective the therapy will be.
Diagnosis and treatment
In Ukraine and Russia, BK Medical Logistic can carry out local diagnostics. If adenocarcinoma of the lungs requires radiation therapy, chemotherapy and surgery, the patient will be taken to one of the best Israeli cancer clinics.
This provides the following benefits:
- test collection and consultation on site;
- confidence in the diagnosis;
- treatment only with modern equipment;
- accompanying the patient at every stage.
In Israeli clinics, a second examination will be carried out. An individual treatment will be selected for each client, and the operations are performed by the best Israeli surgeons in accordance with international standards.