Osteoma: effective treatment methods in Israel
Osteoma is a neoplasm, in most cases of a benign nature, affecting the tissues of bones and joints. In rare cases, it can develop into a malignant tumor, and requires an urgent accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
Israeli clinics have long been famous for their modern technological approach to the treatment of osteoma, as well as a staff of highly qualified specialists, affordable prices and a wide range of services. The cost of treatment services in Israel using revolutionary approaches is many times more affordable than the cost of similar therapy in the United States and some European countries. This explains the fact that hundreds of patients from different countries come to Israel every day with a diagnosis of osteoma.
Correct diagnosis is the basis of treatment in Israeli clinics
It is worth noting the fact that in Israeli clinics, diagnostic procedures are not only highly effective, but also carried out as soon as possible in order to start as quickly as possible to therapy. Already on the first day upon arrival, the doctor of the orthopedic department provides the patient with consulting services, conducts an examination and prescribes a number of diagnostic measures:
- urine and blood tests (including the determination of tumor markers);
- X-ray - images in several projections;
- CT, MRI - procedures that determine the exact location of the osteoma;
- biopsy - histological examination of the material taken from the site;
- radioisotope scanning.
On the third day of staying in an Israeli clinic, the patient is given an accurate diagnosis based on the studies carried out, and the cost of osteoma therapy is determined, which, as practice shows, is almost 2 times lower than prices in Western Europe.
Methods and cost of osteoma treatment in Israeli clinics
Therapy in Israeli clinics is carried out at the most progressive level. The services are rendered by highly qualified doctors using state-of-the-art equipment, and the patient pays the cost of the treatment after it ends (the price can be broken down for a phased payment).
The therapy regimen is prescribed in each individual case, it can involve such methods, as:
- medication - used as an auxiliary therapy, during which the patient takes drugs that relieve pain and inflammation in the tissues adjacent to the osteoma;
- chemotherapy and radiation - are not often used to treat an ailment such as osteoma. During chemotherapy, the latest highly effective drugs are used, the formulas of which have been developed by Israeli specialists. For radiation treatment, linear accelerators of a new generation are used, which act precisely on tumor cells;
- radioburning - allows you to achieve high results, is carried out using an electric knife;
- surgical intervention - surgical treatment, which is considered the most effective and used in the vast majority of cases. After removal of the osteoma tumor, relapses of the disease or transformation into a malignant form are extremely rare. A graft is placed on the removed site of bone tissue, which is necessary to restore functionality. In case of joint damage, it can be eliminated along with the osteoma, after which doctors apply the method of endoprosthetics.
After the tumor is surgically removed, procedures are applied using special balloons and cement on a biological basis in order to stabilize the spine. The high quality of services and affordable prices make Israeli medicine a priority over treatment in other clinics in the world.