Acoustic neuroma (acoustic schwannoma)
Acoustic neuroma (vestibular, acoustic schwannoma) is a benign tumor that develops from the VIII pair of cranial nerves, lemmocytes of the auditory nerve - auxiliary cells of nerve tissue that form along axons of peripheral nerve fibers. Neurinoma is characterized by slow development, sometimes acquires the properties of a malignant tumor. It is localized in the cerebellar-bridge angle. A neuroma is characterized by a one-sided hearing loss.
Symptoms of acoustic neuroma depend on the size of the tumor and include the following symptoms:
- lesion of the vestibular cochlear nerve is characterized by noise in the ear;
- auditory perception decreased;
- painful sensations similar to toothache, hypotonia of the masticatory muscles;
- feeling of pressure, congestion in the ear;
- disorder of taste perception, decreased sensitivity of the face, functional disorders organs of vision;
- vestibular disorders.
Asymptomatic, incidentally detected and non-progressive neuromas of the auditory nerve require observation by means of MRI over time. They begin treatment if neuromas of the auditory nerve (vestibular, acoustic schwannomas) begin to enlarge or cause severe symptoms.
Diagnostics of the auditory nerve neuroma
The list of diagnostic examinations is selected by a neurosurgeon or a neurologist. Diagnostic measures begin with the exclusion of pathologies with a similar clinical picture. An examination is carried out, acoustic reflexes are examined during tympanometry, the patient's complaints are revealed, etc.
With neuroma of the auditory nerve, the doctor prescribes audiometry, MRI with contrast. Electroneuromyography may also be prescribed to assess the paency of electrical impulses. After clarification of the final diagnosis, the cost of treatment is determined. The cost of services is influenced by the results of diagnostics, clinical manifestations, and the stage of the disease.
Acoustic neuromas are removed microsurgical or irradiated.
Treatment of acoustic neuroma (acoustic schwannomas) in Israel
The high quality of medical services and affordable prices distinguish Israeli medicine from other clinics in the world. Qualified specialists of BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC (Ukraine, Kiev) carry out professional organization of treatment in Israel.
Complex treatment of acoustic neuroma in a clinic in Israel has its advantages:
- treatment and diagnostics of patients are organized at the highest level, without queues and waiting;
- leading neurosurgeons of Israel are engaged in monitoring patients with neuromas;
- thanks to innovative diagnostic equipment, laser technologies, robotic equipment, the presence of powerful microscopes and an imaging system, it is possible to find out all the features of the pathology, to carry out a microsurgical operation to remove the auditory nerve neuroma as accurately as possible;
- after neuroma removal, intensive care of the patient is provided, restorative therapy is prescribed, for this, the clinic has created comfortable conditions;
- an acceptable price for treating patients with neuroma in Israel - the cost of services for the removal of neuroma depends on the severity of the symptoms, the individual characteristics of the patient, concomitant diseases;
- full support is provided patient with neuroma at all stages of treatment;
- affordable prices - the patient pays the cost of medical services after the end of treatment.
BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC (Ukraine, Kiev) offers removal of neuroma in the best doctors in Israel, creates comfortable conditions for therapy in Israel and Ukraine, individually selects for each patient the best options for removing a neuroma, helping to completely get rid of the disease, taking into account financial capabilities. Prices for medical services in Israel are significantly lower than in other developed countries.