Cancer of the tongue - diagnosis and treatment
Among cancer diseases, cancer of the tongue is one of the rarest (only 3% of diagnoses). It is a malignant neoplasm formed from the epithelium. But among all tumors of the oral cavity, this oncology of the tongue accounts for 55% of cases. The most susceptible to cancer of the tongue, which is treated in Israeli clinics, men 40 - 50 years old.
Oncology in the tongue - the causes and types of cancer
Diagnosis of tongue cancer in Israel shows that this the disease has various causes. Basically, the following factors increase the risk of cancer:
- regular oral injuries;
- chronic stomatitis;
- smoking for a long time;
- alcohol abuse;
- the presence of papillomavirus.
There are tumors of the tongue of various forms:
- infiltrative, forming seals in language;
- papillary with a gradually increasing papilloma;
- ulcerative, forming wounds.
3 types are distinguished according to the place of formation: cancer of the tongue root (it treatment in Israel with chemotherapy shows a high chance of success), frenulum of the tongue and body of this organ. Histologically, 2 basic types are distinguished:
- squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue (formed closer to the tip or in the middle);
- adenocarcinoma (formed in the salivary glands).
Even the first stage of this disease leads to significant discomfort and discomfort, therefore, after diagnosis, it is worth immediately treating tongue cancer in Israel, the cost of which is lower here than in other countries.
Oncology in the language - symptoms and stages of the disease
If you do not go to Israel to examine and treat cancer of the tongue in time, the following symptoms will appear during the development of the disease:
- ulcers and cracks in the tongue;
- profuse salivation;
- the formation of seals;
- decreased mobility of the affected organ;
- difficulty swallowing.
Similar signs are expressed with varying intensity. Ulcers are small in size at first, but do not heal. If you do not undergo treatment for cancer of the tongue (surgery or radiation therapy for cancer in the area of the root of the tongue will be required), then necrosis and an infectious process will begin in the ulcers. Speech disorders will appear.
Symptoms of the disease will always be the same. The following stages of oncology development are distinguished:
- Stage 1 - the appearance of seals without pain, plaque, small ulcers (at this stage, cancer of the tongue is treated the fastest in Israel);
- Stage 2 cancer of the root of the tongue - tumors up to 1 centimeter, the appearance of pain, an increase in the number of ulcers, a decrease in the mobility of the tongue;
- Stage 3 cancer of the root of the tongue - tumors up to 2 centimeters, pain not only in the mouth, but also in the temples (urgent treatment required);
- Stage 4 cancer of the root of the tongue - intensification of all symptoms, swelling of the tongue, sudden weight loss and weakness (if treatment of cancer of the root of the tongue is not started at stage 4, metastases may form).
It is extremely important to consult a specialist in a timely manner, because the more you delay, the greater the health consequences.
Tongue cancer treatment in Israel
Israeli doctors prescribe cancer treatment language individually, based on the characteristics of the disease and the patient's body.
Chemotherapy is traditionally used in op treatment with radiation therapy. If an early stage is diagnosed, a surgical operation will be most effective, after which the patient will undergo plastic surgery of the tongue to fully restore its functionality.