Back to news »
Bladder cancer - symptoms and prognosis
Bladder cancer is an oncological disease in which a malignant neoplasm occurs on the wall and /or mucous membrane of the organ. More often, oncology of the ureter is diagnosed in men. Persons aged 40 to 60 years are at particular risk.
Only a doctor can make an accurate diagnosis after special diagnostics, including cytological analysis, ultrasound, abdominal CT. But the disease can be suspected in the event of the appearance of blood in the urine, swelling of the external genitalia, difficult and painful urination, pain in the pelvis and abdomen.
Oncology of the bladder is a fairly common pathology. In addition to genetic predisposition, congenital defects of the urethra, inflammatory or parasitic diseases, and the habit of retaining urine can serve as risk factors.
With adequate therapy, the chances of a complete cure and survival of patients with this type of oncology are quite high - about 90%. The main thing is to get diagnosed in time and start an anti-cancer course. In matters of treatment of diseases such as bladder cancer, Israel is one of the world leaders. The cost of the services of Israeli specialists is lower than the prices in Western cancer centers, and during therapy they use unique innovative methods that are not available in most hospitals in the world.
Bladder cancer: treatment in Israel
For patients who have been diagnosed with urea cancer, several treatment options can be offered at the Israeli Cancer Center:
- surgical intervention - performed mainly by laparoscopic method, in which incisions are made on the skin no larger than 0.5-1, 5 cm, while Israeli specialists prioritize the preservation of the organ;
- photodynamic therapy - tumor cells are affected by a laser and a photosensitizer;
- chemotherapy for bladder cancer is performed using injections of the most new drugs;
- radiotherapy - modern technologies make it possible to target tumor cells without destroying healthy ones, in many cases this technique allows achieving results similar to surgical intervention;
- immune therapy using complexes individually selected to suit the needs of a particular patient, drugs in this group help the body resist attacks by cancer cells.
After diagnosis and removal of a tumor in the genitourinary system, the doctor draws up an individual rehabilitation program for the patient.
The cost of treating bladder cancer in Israel
One of the main issues of interest to patients diagnosed with bladder cancer is the price operations. The amount is calculated individually, taking into account the methods and medicines used. But in any case, the price of cancer therapy in an Israeli clinic will be significantly lower than, for example, in Germany. The price includes an examination of the patient, as well as a full range of medical services received during your stay at the clinic.
If you or someone close to you needs a consultation with a first-class Israeli oncologist, followed by an examination and, if necessary, therapy abroad, use the help of BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC. For many years we have been helping residents of the CIS to undergo therapy and rehabilitation in Tel Aviv. Leave a request on the website, and our staff will select for you a clinic and a doctor of the required specialization. In addition, we provide full customer support at all stages of preparation for a trip to Israel.