Melanoma is a malignant disease that causes increased growth of neoplasms (nevi) on the surface of the skin. Pigmented melanoma of the skin (face) is one of the few types of tumors that can be observed by the patient himself.
Skin free of moles is almost nonsense, and their presence is common to all people, but nevi must be monitored. The medical community has developed the ABCDE system, with the help of which the dynamics of the state of one's own nevi should be assessed. Each person should pay attention to the following symptoms of skin melanoma in the initial stages:
- asymmetry. The initial phase of development of malignant nevi usually has an irregular shape on the skin;
- border. Fuzzy, jagged edges of moles should alert;
- color. Changes in the original color or blotches of other shades are characteristic of suspicious formations;
- diameter. Pathological nevi are often more than 6 mm in diameter;
- growth. A sudden increase in the growth of a mole should direct you to see a doctor.
Among the reasons that can affect the growth of malignant nevi are:
- increased UV exposure spectrum of solar and artificial lighting;
- people with light eyes and hair have a predisposition;
- viral load and genetic characteristics of the body;
- trauma to old existing moles;
- malignant melanoma in relatives.
Early diagnosis is a guarantee of complete recovery with a very high percentage of probability.
Treatment of skin melanoma
The primary treatment for melanoma is surgical removal of the neoplasm. This is a fairly simple operation, which also removes parts of the visually intact adjacent skin equivalent to the size of the nevus.
In cases where the disease has spread to the lymph nodes or nearby organs, additional therapy is required. As a rule, for severe melanoma of the skin, chemotherapy and radiation therapy are involved. All prescriptions are developed by the attending physician only on the basis of a thorough analysis of the patient's condition. Thus, a personalized treatment plan is established that can alleviate the patient's condition, even if at the moment there is stage 4 of melanoma (oncology, cancer) of the skin.
Treatment of skin melanoma in Israel with BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC
Oncology is a high-tech area of medical care. Israel is exactly the state whose government allocates as much funding for it as is required to obtain the status of one of the best in the world. Treatment there is the most correct decision in a difficult situation.
BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC is a company that will guide you at this crucial moment through all the bureaucratic difficulties. With us, you can be sure of access to the most competent doctors and high-tech equipment. Today's Israeli medicine has made a big breakthrough in the treatment of oncology in general and melanoma (cancer) of the skin, in particular. Israeli clinics accept all patients who are ready to move decisively towards a healthy life.