Adenocarcinoma of the uterus: causes, signs and treatment
Cancer (adenocarcinoma or simply carcinoma) of the body and cervix is a malignant tumor that requires mandatory treatment and arises on the mucous membrane of the uterus.
Usually, adenocarcinoma of the uterine body g1 (highly differentiated) appears in postmenopausal women (i.e., in the period after menopause). In recent decades, there has been a trend towards a decrease in the age of women with this disease - more and more often it occurs before menopause occurs. In the majority (72%), adenocarcinoma of the uterus of all three types by differentiation (g1, g2, g3) can be diagnosed when stage 1 of the disease is still going on.
Causes of occurrence
Carcinomas of the uterus and ovaries are hormone-dependent tumors. This means that the likelihood of their development increases the amount of estrogen. The main factor that increases the risk of developing adenocarcinoma of the uterus is a change in hormonal balance, and this may be due to:
- excessively early onset of menstruation;
- late menopause;
- polycystic ovary syndrome;
- ovarian tumors that produce hormones;
- long-term use of large doses of drugs containing estrogens.
The likelihood of developing cancer of the disease increases with hypertension, as well as diabetes mellitus.
Symptoms and when they appear
When the disease is at 1 (initial) stage, the symptoms of uterine adenocarcinoma or cervical carcinomas may not show up at all. Then, with adenocarcinoma of the uterus, which has metastasized, if no radiation therapy or other types of treatment have been carried out in Israel, uterine bleeding (and other watery white foul-smelling discharge) begins, as well as excessively heavy irregular menstruation. Infertility and pain (both attacks and persistent) may also begin.
A specialized Israeli forum claims that when a late stage of development of moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma of the uterus occurs and no treatment has been carried out, weakness, sudden weight loss appear, rapid fatigue, fever, stool disorders.
Varieties of uterine cancer
According to the international classification, Israeli doctors distinguish 3 types of differentiation of adenocarcinoma:
- highly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the body uterine or endometrial cancer (G1);
- moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma of the body and endometrium of the uterus (G2);
- poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the uterus (G3).
The following types of uterine cancer are also distinguished:
- serous carcinoma of the uterus;
- clear cell carcinoma of the cervix;
- squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix;
- transitional cell;
- small cell;
Given the many types of disease, diagnosis should be carried out by specialists using modern equipment, which can be provided by doctors in Israeli clinics.
Stages of uterine cancer
By As the disease progresses, uterine cancer goes through the following stages:
- stage zero - there are malignant cells only in the superficial endometrium, there is no spread to the lymph nodes;
- Stage 1 of uterine adenocarcinoma - cancer only in the body of the uterus, did not spread to the lymph nodes;
- Stage 2 adenocarcinoma of the uterus - the cancer has spread outside the body of the uterus, affected the cervix, but did not affect the lymph nodes;
- Stage 3 adenocarcinoma of the uterus - the spread of cancer beyond the uterus itself or on the nearby tissues of the pelvis, damage to the lymph nodes, but no distant metastases;
- Stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the uterus - damage to the inner surface of the bladder and rectum, damage to the lymph nodes and distant structures.
Treatment and prevention
Treatment of uterine cancer and directly depends on what stage the disease has reached. Naturally, the sooner it is detected, the easier it is to treat. A guaranteed diagnosis, excluding medical errors, can be provided by BK Medical Logistic, in cooperation with the best doctors and clinics in Israel, as well as in Ukraine.
Here the test results and preliminary diagnosis are redirected to Tel Aviv, where Israeli doctors make the final diagnosis and prescribe individualized treatment. In the early stages of adenocarcinoma, doctors recommend surgery. If the stage of the disease is late, in Israel they carry out chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or resort to combined treatment. In any case, BK Medical Logistic will accompany the patient to the chosen clinic.