Neurofibromatosis - types of disease in children
Neurofibromatosis is a genetically determined disease that is accompanied by the formation of many colored spots and non-malignant tumors (neurofibromas) developing from nerve cells on the child's skin. Neurofibromatosis in children is quite rare, the causes of its occurrence are called heredity, as well as spontaneous genetic mutations.
Neurofibromatosis in children can be in two forms:
- peripheral - tumors are formed from peripheral nerves, this type of disease is most common;
- central - fibroids are formed from cells of the central nervous system, this disease proceeds with greater severity.
The cost of oncology treatment is associated with the severity of the disease , the child's age and other factors.
Symptoms and diagnosis of neurofibromatosis in children
Since neurofibromatosis is genetically determined, the child is sick already at birth, but symptoms may appear after some time. Most often, neurofibromatosis of the first and second types is diagnosed in early childhood, and sometimes immediately after birth.
Since neurofibromatosis causes the growth of tumors not only on the skin of children, but also on internal organs, it can lead to disruptions in the functioning of various systems of the child's body. The main symptoms in children with type I neurofibromatosis are:
- the appearance of pigmentation in the form of spots on the skin, the number and size of which may increase;
- neurofibromas are specific tumors localized on the skin, which can be located in different parts of the child's body;
- age spots on the iris, tumors of the optic nerve may develop;
- bone deformities - children with neurofibromatosis suffer from scoliosis and other bone diseases ;
- discomfort on the skin - pain, itching and others.
Neurofibromatosis of the second type has other symptoms:
- hearing loss;
- changes in tone in the facial muscles;
- epileptic seizures in a child.
In addition, may there are various endocrine disorders, an increase in blood pressure and a delay in intellectual development.
To make a diagnosis of neurofibromatosis, the child is examined by a doctor, and consultation is also required crayfish genetics and other specialists - pediatric ophthalmologist, neurologist, specialist in endocrine diseases, orthopedist. At the same time, laboratory diagnostics are performed, the child undergoes general clinical tests, a genetic test and various instrumental examinations (CT, MRI, ultrasound), thanks to which the localization of tumors is established. The cost of an examination for oncology depends on the number of necessary examinations and the number of pediatric specialists involved.
Treatment of neurofibromatosis in children in Israel
Often neurofibromatosis has no specific treatment, a set of treatment procedures is selected based on the condition of the little patient. Operable tumors are removed, the child undergoes symptomatic treatment. With a small size, a tumor in children can be removed in less traumatic ways - with the help of a laser, electrical impulses. Doctors prescribe special drugs that improve metabolic processes in the body, which leads to a decrease in the activity of the development of tumors in a child. With pronounced pain syndromes, children are prescribed antineoplastic drugs.
The advantages of treating neurofibromatosis in children in Israel are:
- good conditions in Israeli clinics;
- experienced professionals with high qualifications and appropriate training;
- availability of the necessary diagnostic and treatment equipment;
- acceptable cost of all procedures, comparable to the cost of treatment in Ukraine.
Many are worried about the high cost of surgery for a child and subsequent procedures, but it should be borne in mind that many clinics make concessions and allow you to pay for treatment in installments. Specialists of VK Medical Logistic will help you choose the most suitable medical facility in terms of profile, financial capabilities.