Hydronephrosis: diagnosis and treatment in Israel
Hydronephrosis is a disease in which the structures of kidney tissue are overfilled with urine and expand as a result of blocking its outflow. Also, hydronephrosis can be the result of a congenital anomaly of the urinary tract, physiological changes during childbearing, or stenosis. In any case, immediate medical intervention is required.
Many patients with a preliminary diagnosis of hydronephrosis seek medical help in Israeli clinics, and this decision is completely justified both by the relatively moderate cost of diagnosis and therapy, and by the high efficiency, thousands positive feedback from patients who underwent treatment in Israel. Prices in Israeli clinics are 20-30% lower than the cost of similar services in medical centers in North America and Western European countries. At the same time, the quality of the services provided is at its best.
How hydronephrosis is diagnosed in Israeli clinics
Diagnosis of such a disease as hydronephrosis in Israeli clinics takes no more than a few first days from the moment the patient arrives. First of all, he is examined by a doctor who gets acquainted with the existing diagnostic results and prescribes additional procedures to determine the full picture of the disease. The patient can also get an online consultation before arriving at the clinic, find out what procedures he may have to undergo, get information about the prices of diagnostic services and the estimated cost of therapy.
A patient diagnosed with hydronephrosis is prescribed such studies:
- blood tests, urine tests;
- Ultrasound is the basis for diagnosing hydronephrosis;
- CT (with or without contrast) - allows you to study the anatomy in detail kidneys;
- scintigraphy is a study of the functioning of the kidney.
If the pathology is observed below the bladder, the doctor may prescribe cystography.
Treatment of the disease hydronephrosis in Israeli clinics
Based on the results obtained during the research, a council of doctors develops an individual therapy protocol that will be most effective in the treatment of hydronephrosis. Moreover, not a single therapy protocol can be involved, but several at the same time.
The main goal in the treatment of hydronephrosis is to create normal conditions for the unhindered movement of urine, thereby reducing swelling, which reduces the efficiency of the kidney. In this case, such techniques are involved as:
- bladder catheterization - is used if urinary retention is provoked by narrowing of the neck;
- shock wave lithotripsy - is effective in the presence of stones in kidneys. With the help of waves, it is possible to crush large stones into small fractions, which are then removed using a flexible catheter;
- ureteral stenting - this method is applied to patients diagnosed with ureteral stricture. The stent maintains the necessary clearance, due to which urine freely exits the kidney;
- ureteroplasty - involves the removal of a narrowed area or incisions;
- surgical intervention.
One of the innovative techniques is laser lithotripsy, during which urinary stones are removed with a laser using a special device - a ureteropyeloscope.
Prices for treatment depend on the therapy method chosen by the doctor. However, in any case, the prices for the services of Israeli clinics are quite acceptable for patients from around the world.