Lisencephaly: treatment in Israel
Lissencephaly is a rare pathology, functional impairment of the brain, caused by an abnormal disorder of the process of the formation of new nerve cells in the central nervous system in the fetus at the end of the second trimester of pregnancy. Lisencephaly is the result of insufficient migration of neural stem cells from the primary neural tube. The development of pathology leads to the fact that the brain of the newborn has a smoothed surface without convolutions. Children with lissencephaly are significantly lagging behind in mental development.
The main symptoms of lissencephaly are:
- muscle weakness diagnosed at birth;
- dysphagia, sucking disorder;
- sudden uncontrolled changes in the electrical activity of the brain;
- respiratory dysfunctions, involuntary movements, muscle spasm;
- significant developmental delay.
The severity of the symptoms of the disease depends on the presence of concomitant disorders in the development of organs and systems, on the degree of underdevelopment of the cortex.
In the treatment of patients with lissencephaly, qualified narrow-profile doctors take part. Diagnostic measures are carried out in several days. A typical case of lissencephaly involves complex treatment using conservative and surgical methods.
Israeli doctors stop seizures by means of antiepileptic drugs, use revascularization and endoscopic examinations. Taking into account the patient's condition, the peculiarities of the clinical picture, a patient with lissencephaly can undergo correction of negative manifestations of functional disorders of the respiratory system, urinary, SS system, and musculoskeletal system.
In the presence of dysphagia, the patient can be microsurgically formed an artificial entrance to the stomach cavity, bypassing the oral cavity.
In order to prevent muscular dystrophy, physiotherapeutic procedures and exercise therapy are prescribed.
The latest equipment allows detecting lissencephaly in the early stages using laboratory, instrumental methods. Diagnostics includes a doctor's consultation, an analysis of the clinical picture, an ultrasound of the brain, a study of the electrical activity of the brain, genetic tests for gene mutations, MRI, CT.
After the final diagnosis is made, the cost of treatment is determined. The cost formation is influenced by the examination results, symptoms.
Examination of patients with lissencephaly, their treatment in Israel is carried out by qualified geneticists, neurosurgeons, neurologists, microsurgeons with extensive experience in the treatment of lissencephaly. Prices for medical services, lissencephaly treatment in Israel are much lower than in other developed countries.
Organization of lissencephaly treatment in Israel
Benefits of lissencephaly treatment in an Israeli clinic:
- qualified Israeli specialists who know the latest methods of therapy are involved in monitoring the condition, treating patients with lissencephaly;
- thanks to modern diagnostic equipment, it is possible to find out all the features of the pathology, to carry out a surgical operation as accurately as possible;
- after surgical interventions, intensive care of the patient is carried out, supportive therapy is prescribed, the clinic has comfortable wards, friendly medical staff;
- an acceptable price for the treatment of lissencephaly in Israel, the cost of medical services depends on the clinical picture of the patient, the general state of health, combined diseases;
- the patient pays the cost of medical services after the end of treatment.
Arr After visiting BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC (Ukraine, Kiev), you will receive high-quality diagnostics, appropriate treatment of lissencephaly at an affordable price from leading doctors in Israel. The impeccable quality of services and affordable prices distinguish Israeli medicine from other clinics in the world.