Uterine fibroids - causes and symptoms of the disease
Uterine fibroids are one of the most common benign tumors in women; it occurs in the muscle layer of the uterus - the myometrium. It is difficult to name the exact causes of uterine fibroids. But it has been established that hormonal imbalance, abortions, miscarriages, infectious diseases of the genital organs, diabetes mellitus, obesity, stress are risk factors. Sometimes fibroids do not cause any symptoms and are found only during a routine examination by a gynecologist.
The most common symptoms of the disease are:
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- reproductive disorders;
- heavy and prolonged bleeding during time of menstruation;
- uterine bleeding in the middle of the cycle;
- anemia, which is caused by blood loss;
- frequent urination;
- difficulty in defecation with large fibroids.
Timely detection and treatment of the disease will avoid complications, including miscarriage, profuse bleeding leading to anemia, tumor degeneration into a malignant one.
Diagnostics and treatment in Israel
For the diagnosis of uterine fibroids, a gynecological examination and a number of studies are carried out:
- laboratory blood tests (general and biochemical analysis);
- Ultrasound is the main method that allows you to detect an increase in the uterus and a node even of a small size at an early stage of the disease;
- hysteroscopy - examination of the walls of the uterine cavity using a special optical device;
- hysterography - this method is used in case of difficulties with diagnosis, for examination, a contrast agent is injected into the uterine cavity and an X-ray is taken;
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), which determines the localization and size of myoma.
Therapeutic and surgical methods can be used to treat fibroids. Hormone therapy can be effective in adulthood when estrogen production is reduced. Most often, methods are used for treatment that are aimed at destroying or removing the tumor.
Experienced and highly qualified gynecologists work in Israeli clinics, who for the treatment of uterine fibroids:
- embolize the arteries in the uterus, in which the blood supply to the myoma node is disrupted and it disappears;
- use the impact of focused ultrasound - a non-surgical method in which the tumor is destroyed;
- use minimally invasive methods - laparoscopic or hysteroscopic surgery to remove the myomatous node;
- for large sizes tumor or multiple nodules may require open myomectomy;
- removal of the uterus is used in the most extreme cases when other methods are ineffective.
The price of diagnosis and treatment depends on a combination of many factors - the size and number of myomatous nodes, the woman's age, the presence of concomitant diseases.
Benefits of treatment of uterine fibroids in Israel
Israeli medicine is widely known throughout the world as the most modern and progressive. The optimal combination of price and high quality of services rendered attracts citizens of various countries, including Ukrainians, to this country. How to find a suitable clinic and an experienced doctor, how to make an appointment for a consultation, how long it will take to make or clarify a diagnosis, what is the cost of treatment - these and other questions are of interest to many patients.
BK MEDICAL LOGISTIC is your medical navigator, which will allow you to find answers to all your questions, will provide effective assistance in choosing a clinic and a specialist, inform you about the prices and cost of hospital stay.