Treatment of lymphangioma in children
Lymphangioma is a benign neoplasm, which in most cases forms even during intrauterine development and manifests itself in children in infancy, somewhat less often a tumor is found in children at the age of two to three years. This pediatric pathology can be asymptomatic until the tumor significantly increases in size, which can lead to dangerous consequences. Lymphangioma can have several varieties.
Simple (capillary) lymphangioma usually affects small areas in a child, externally manifests itself as thickening of the skin that is not too noticeable.
Cystic lymphangioma in children looks like an elastic formation, which is covered with stretched skin, filled with serous, chyle, hemorrhagic contents. Cavernous lymphangioma has indistinct vague outlines, often located in the neck, near the ears, in the child's mouth.
Diagnosis of lymphangioma in children
Diagnosis of children's lymphangioma is usually not difficult, since its clinical manifestations in most cases are obvious. Sometimes additional studies are required, such as:
- Ultrasound - so that it is possible to determine the degree of increase in the volume of tissues in a child;
- Magnetic resonance imaging with high accuracy determines the structure of the tumor and the degree of its growth;
- lymphography - shows the state of the child's lymphatic vessels, determines the size of the neoplasm and its connection with other organs.
Various methods are used to treat children, the choice of which depends on the localization of the tumor, its type and other factors that affect the determination of treatment tactics and its cost.
If previously lymphangiomas were almost always removed surgically, today modern clinics offer less traumatic and painful ways of healing, which especially important when treating young children. In Israeli clinics, which are widely known all over the world for their successes in the fight against oncological diseases and tumors of various types, such methods of curing lymphangiomas in children are widely used as:
- sclerotherapy - the introduction of a child's tumor into the tissue a special drug, the action of which leads to the reduction and destruction of the neoplasm;
- removal of the tumor with a laser;
- cryodestruction - exposure to ultra-low temperatures;
- radiofrequency ablation - the tumor in children is destroyed by means of electrical impulses that heat the tissues;
- surgical excision of the neoplasm - they resort to it in cases when the lymphangioma in a child is very large, affects muscle tissue, blood vessels, nerves.
The cost of treating lymphangioma in children in Israel depends on the choice of tactics, which is due to the patient's condition.
Benefits of lymphangioma treatment in Israel
Many parents choose Israel for the treatment of cancer and other tumors in their children, because:
- Israeli clinics are equipped the most modern equipment for carrying out operations and diagnostic procedures for children;
- great experience and high qualification of specialists allows increasing the chances of a child's recovery;
- Israeli hospitals have good conditions, attentive staff;
- new effective medicines are used for therapy;
- the cost of treating children is not higher, and often significantly lower than in other developed countries.
Learn more about how to choose a clinic, how much does the operation and treatment of a child cost, to clarify the cost of diagnostics, to get a remote consultation from a doctor, contact VK MEDICAL LOGISTIC. The company's specialists will help in solving all organizational issues and will accompany the little patient at all stages of treatment.